Saturday, March 5, 2011

good times never seemed so good

In short, I love life here.

Everything is still going very, very well. I'm working two jobs now, so the timing was perfect with having two relaxed weeks at first and then beginning to work a lot. I'm working for two families, one is a South African single mom and two year old girl, and they're really great and have put me in touch with other families. The other (that started this week) is a British family whose stay at home mom was badly injured skiing last week, so I'm kind of her personal assistant for a few hours every day. Overall I really like my work and I think this situation will work out well for me.

Amsterdam is gray and cold, but I still love it. I can't wait for better weather so I can really enjoy more of the city, but like I said I love it anyway. We had THREE sunny afternoons this week, which was amazing. It's kind of bright gray now, which is what I like to call Dutch sunshine. :)

Living with Bart is a blast. When we're not working we're usually cooking together, having people over, going out, watching the Australian Master Chef, or working on the house. Mostly we're just really enjoying being together.

I've been here for three weeks now and haven't experienced a single minute of doubt or regret. So that's a very good thing. We're now planning our trip back to the states for the summer, and we're really excited for that.

Anyway, I just thought I'd give a quick update! I will post some pictures on facebook soon. (We're still working on the house though, so that may come later! ;)) For now I'm off to enjoy a lazy Saturday with my wonderful man and get ready for our date tonight. :)

love to all!

1 comment:

  1. holy cow! this made me insanely happy to read sarah. i can't wait to hear more stories and catch up with you! ah this makes me want to visit amsterdam like whoa!

    ReplyDelete