Thursday, March 31, 2011

six month mark

Yesterday Bart and I celebrated our half-anniversary. Most of the six months that we've been "together" we were actually super long distance, which was of course challenging. But when we first started talking about moving into together we got LOTS of (solicited AND unsolicited) advice about the new challenges we would face.

We were warned about moving in together too soon in our relationship (four ish months), and that it could be too much after being so long distance. Some even told us (me) that living together changes everything and that we could very well fight all the time. (After all, it's a small house.) Everyone said the beginning would be the hardest and that I would KNOW if it would work within a matter of weeks, or even days -- or HOURS, as some said. I took all of these into account. Believe me, we had our doubts. Going from skype every day to really being together was a HUGE, daunting step.

But as our six month mark came and went... I'm so happy. And believe me, if the last seven weeks we've spent living together were the hardest times of our relationship, then we are GOLDEN. We've had such a blast living together and we just simply get along and enjoy each other. I'm so incredibly blessed and lucky and happy. We loved each other from a distance, and we still love each other up close. So, happy half-anniversary to us! I can't wait for the next six months.


Once when Bart and I were discussing living together he said "I think we will laugh a lot." He was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment